Garlic Scape Pesto Recipe
- 1 cup garlic scapes, cut into 1” pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, process the garlic scapes and basil for 30 seconds.
- Add the nuts and process for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil as you continue to run the food processor.
- Add in the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Mix and taste, adjusting the salt/pepper as desired.
- Use the pesto over fresh homemade pasta (my favorite), use it as a sauce for homemade pizza, or smear it on a bit of crusty bread.