Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
- Category: Main Dish- Pork
- 1 pork shoulder (mine are usually in the 3–6 pound range. I always use bone-in shoulders, but boneless will work, too)
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the spices in a small bowl, then rub liberally over the pork shoulder. Place the shoulder and onion in a slow cooker, and pour in the stock.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours, or until the meat is ultra-tender and falling apart.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and allow it to cool long enough for you to comfortably handle it.
- Separate the meat from the fat and bones, and then shred it.
- TIP: I have found using the paddle attachment of my KitchenAid mixer makes shredding a breeze. Add several cups of meat chunks to the bowl, then beat on low for 30-60 seconds until it is shredded. Much easier than the two-fork method.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed.