Homemade Maple BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3.5 cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- 2 cups tomato sauce (or one 14.5 oz can)
- 1 can (6 oz) of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use this salt.)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional, but nice if you’re wanting the smokey flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional– use only if you want a kick)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Continue to mix and simmer for 10-15 minutes so all the ingredients can meld together.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to several weeks. You can also freeze it for longer storage.