Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Eggs (as many as you like to fill the bottom of the pot rack)
- 1 cup water
- Instant Pot electric pressure cooker
- Pour the water into the pot, and place the eggs in a steamer basket if you have one. If you don’t, just use the rack that came with your pot.
- Close the lid, set for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- It will take the cooker approximately 5 minutes to build to pressure and then 5 minutes to cook. I let the pressure naturally reduce for an additional 5 minutes after the cooking cycle completed, and then did a quick pressure release. That’s around 15 minutes, total.
- Place the hot eggs into cool water to halt the cooking process. You can peel immediately, or wait– it’s up to you. (The first time I did this, I didn’t plunge into cool water, and they still peeled very easily. The eggs were just slightly more cooked.)