Crock Pot Taco Meat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Category: Main Dish- Beef
- Cuisine: Latin
- 2 lbs ground beef (frozen is fine)
- 1.5 cups of diced tomatoes with juice (or one 14.5 oz can)
- 1 cup mild green chilis, diced (or one 7 oz can)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt (I use Redmond Salt)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 2-4 hours on HIGH until the meat is completely brown. Checking it once or twice to give it a stir and to break up the meat. If it finished cooking before you need it, turn the crock pot down to LOW or WARM until you’re ready to eat.
- If you are planning ahead, you can cook the taco meat on LOW for 6-8 hours.