Cumin Spiced Pork Tacos Recipe
- Category: Main Dish- Pork
- 4–5 lb pork roast (loin, should, etc. I used a shoulder roast)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12 oz. beer of choice (or broth if you don’t like to cook with beer)
- Corn Tortillas
- Cabbage slaw (I use a simple recipe like this one)
- Crumbled cheese, salsa, avocados, sour cream, or other toppings of choice
- Place the pork roast in a large roasting pan, and sprinkle the minced garlic over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the sea salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper, and cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the roast and use your fingers to rub it into the meat. Pour the orange juice and beer into roasting pan.
- Cover and bake in a 275 degree oven for 6-7 hours, or until it shreds apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and shred up the meat – removing any gristle or bone.
- Pour the liquid from the pan back over the shredded meat.
- Serve a heaping scoop of the shredded pork atop a warm corn tortilla, topping it with cabbage slaw, crumbled cheese, and salsa