Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 large potatoes, cubed (and peeled, if you’d rather not eat the peels)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste (I use Redmond Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley to garnish, optional
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened.
- Sprinkle in the flour, cooking and stirring for 3-5 minutes to allow the flour to brown.
- Add this mixture to the slow cooker, and then add the potatoes, carrots, parsley, salt, pepper, and chicken stock.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- minutes before serving, stir in the milk and cheese. Allow it to warm through, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.