Homemade Eggnog Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 2 cups milk (raw is best, if you can find it!)
- 2 cups cream (raw is best, if you can find it!)
- 6 egg yolks (from a reputable source)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (I love this real maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (like this)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (like this)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt (I use this one)
- 2 tablespoons egg white (optional: for extra creamy version only)
- **Quick Version:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or stand mixer (a blender is less messy), and mix thoroughly. Chill completely before serving.
- **Extra Creamy Version:
- The one thing I don’t love about raw eggnog is that it’s not quite as creamy as the cooked versions. So, I came up with this quick technique to increase the creaminess.
- Combine milk, 1.5 cups of cream, and all other ingredients (minus the egg whites) in a blend and combine thoroughly.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream and 2 tablespoons of egg whites until stiff peaks have formed.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the egg mixture. Chill and enjoy!
- And don’t forget to sprinkle your finished eggnog with an extra pinch of nutmeg to make it pretty after you pour it into the glass. Serve with a straw, if desired.