Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup sucanat or rapadura *see note below (like this)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (half n’ half will work too)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (how to make your own vanilla)
- pinch of sea salt (I like this one)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar over low heat. You’re looking for the sugar to dissolve and the mixture to become smooth.
- Pour in the cream and whisk well to incorporate.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and continue to stir/cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the caramel sauce is nice and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla and salt.
- Serve warm or cold. It will thicken as it cools. If it becomes too thick, you can gently reheat it before serving. Store in the refrigerator.