How to Can Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of evaporated cane juice crystals (regular sugar works as
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pomona’s pectin (like this)
- 2 tsp. calcium water (Included in the Pomona’s pack)
- Start by making sure your jars are clean and sterile
- Make your calcium water (Instructions and ingredients included in the box of Pomona’s)
- Wash the peppers and chop off the ends and remove the seeds
- Pulse in a blender until the peppers are finely chopped. (If you don’t have a blender you can do this by hand)
- Mix pectin and sugar and set aside.
- Put the peppers and apple cider vinegar in your pot.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add calcium water and stir.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Slowly stir in the pectin/sugar mixture.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes to make sure there are no clumps.
- Let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into clean jars.
- Wipe the jar rims to make sure there is no residue.
- Put lids and rings on your jars.
- Put your jars in your water bath canning pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and allow jars to boil for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove jars and listen for the blissful ‘ping’!