Simple Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 16 ounces pasta (any you like, we use Farfalle, cook according to package instructions)
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (or make your own dried tomatoes!)
- 1–2 garlic cloves (depending on how much of a garlic lover you are)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (I use Redmond Salt)
- 3/4 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 reserved pasta water
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve ¼ cup pasta water before straining in colander.
- While pasta is cooking, place garlic cloves in food processor and give them a whirl. Add tomatoes (in their oil) two pinches of sea salt, some pepper, olive oil and basil leaves, blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Add roasted pine nuts and give a quick pulse, just enough to break them up. Lastly, add Parmesan cheese, pulse.
- When pasta is al dente (literal translation “to the tooth” but means noodles are cooked but firm) pour into colander, do not rinse. Pour pasta in bowl, top with pesto. Use just enough reserved pasta water to thin pesto and stir till pesto and pasta are well mixed. Enjoy!