Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 4 cups plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar (like this)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Use a stand blender or an immersion blender to combine all four ingredients until the sugar and cocoa is thoroughly dissolved.
- Taste the frozen yogurt mixture, and adjust the sweetness, if needed. (It tends to slightly lessen in sweetness a bit after it freezes, so feel free to add a bit more sweetener at this stage)
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s recommendations. (It usually takes 25-30 minutes to complete a batch in my machine.)