DIY Mint Extract Recipe
- Category: Extract
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (I used Peppermint, but feel free to play around with other varieties)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of vodka (any vodka will work– I get the cheap stuff)
- Harvest the mint, and give it a quick rinse. Pat dry.
- Remove the leaves from the stems, and discard the stems.
- Crush and smash the leaves in your hands–this will help to release some of the oils and give the process a jump start.
- Place the leaves in a pint-sized glass jar, and fill the jar the rest of the way with vodka.
- Give it a shake and set aside in a cool, dark place.
- Allow the mixture to steep for one to two months. Take a peek every so often to see if it’s strong enough for you.
- Strain the leaves, and bottle the finished extract in cute little jars.