Canning Peaches with Honey and Cinnamon
- Category: Canning
- Ripe peaches (you’ll need 2-3 pounds per quart jar)
- 1 cup honey
- 7 cinnamon sticks
- Peel the peaches. The easiest way to do this is to dunk them in boiling water for 2 minutes, and then immediately dump them in ice cold water. The skins will come right off. SO much easier than using a knife, and less waste, too.
- While you are working on your peaches, bring the 9 cups of water, and 1 cup of honey to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove the pits from the peaches, then halve or quarter them. You could even cut them into small slices, but I like to just cut them in half since it takes less time.
- Place 1 cinnamon stick in the bottom of each sterilized quart jar.
- Fill the jar with the peaches, placing them pit-side down (if you are using halves)
- Fill the jar the rest of the way full with the hot honey-water solution. Leave 1/2″ headspace.
- Adjust lids and process quart jars in a hot water-bath canner for 30 minutes.