Homemade Breakfast Sausage Recipe
- 3 pounds of ground pork (or ground turkey, venison, beef, or antelope will work. Just keep in mind that sausage usually has a higher fat content, so regular burger will tend to be on the drier side.)
- 1 small onion, minced very finely
- 1 Tablespoon salt (I use this one)
- 2 teaspoons dry, ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dry, ground mustard
- 3/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (where to buy)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- If you like, you can stick it in the fridge for a couple hours to help the flavors develop, or, you can use it right away.