How to Make Pumpkin Puree, the Easy Way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the whole pumpkin in oven
- Bake 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the size of your pumpkin
- It’s done when the tip of your knife sticks into the skin a little ways (The skin will still be tough-it’s not going to turn into a baked potato!)
- Remove pumpkin from oven and allow to cool
- Optional: To speed cooling, remove top of pumpkin to let the steam escape, but be careful, it’s hot!
- Once cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks removing stringy stuff and seeds
- Run pumpkin chunks through food processor or blender