How to Make Comfrey Salve
- Make an infusion with the olive oil and dried herbs.
- There are a couple of ways to do this: I use a small crockpot (that I picked up at a thrift store for $2.00!) and “cook” the leaves and herbs for about 3 hours. You can also mix the herbs and oil and let it sit on the counter in a covered jar for 2-3 weeks.
- Strain the hot, infused oil through a fine mesh cheesecloth, into a pint size mason jar.
- Add the beeswax pastilles and stir until melted. (I use a wooden skewer that is disposable)
- Once the beeswax is melted and the mixture is blended, add 20 drops of rosemary essential oil and mix thoroughly. Pour your completed salve into a container of your choice.