If there is one thing I know for certain, it’s that I have an ingenious group of readers. You guys are always impressing me with the creative, unique, and downright brilliant ideas that you share in the comment section.
After 2 1/2 years of hearing myself talk, I figured it’s high-time that you guys get a chance to share your brilliance. 😉
So that’s why I’m starting a brand new series– featuring you!
Each Thursday, I’ll feature a new Homestead Hack tip from a reader.
What’s a “Homestead Hack?”
Good question. Here is how Wikipedia explains it:
“Life hacking refers to any productivity trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method to increase productivity and efficiency, in all walks of life; in other words, anything that solves an everyday problem in a clever or non-obvious way”
Apply that definition to homesteading, and that, my friends, is a Homestead Hack.
A couple of examples of my own personal favorite homestead hacks:
- My tip for finding frugal, food-grade buckets
- My cheater cheesecloth alternative
- My “improvised” milking equipment
Now It’s Your Turn!
To submit your own homesteading hacks, follow these simple guidelines:
1. Your homestead hack or tip can be anything that makes your life as a modern homesteader easier– it might be a kitchen tip, how you save time doing chores, how you make gardening easier, etc. You don’t have to be a “full-time” homesteader to share your tips– we love apartment homesteaders too!
2. Send your tip to: info(at)theprairiehomestead(dot)com. Please type “Homestead Hack” in the subject line.
3. Please include at least (1) good photo– a minimum of 600 pixels wide. (It doesn’t have to be professional-quality, but it does need to be crisp and clear.)
4. If you have a blog or website, include your link.
Earn Fame and Fortune
Okay… not really. But if I do decide to post your tip, I will send you a free copy of my eBook, Your Custom Homestead. AND, I’ll be sure to include a link to your blog or website, if you have one. (With around 170,000 unique visitors a month, that means you’ll probably get some good traffic out of the deal.)
So, send in those tips– I can’t wait to start reading them!