Welcome to The Great Holiday Barn Hop 2011!
It’s going to be an exciting week- are you ready? We have loads of prizes donated by some outstanding sponsors, as well as a contest for the Best Decorated Homestead.There is even a separate drawing for those of you who may not have blogs to link up to the Hop. I am so excited to get a glimpse into your special decorations and traditions.
First off, a huge thank you goes to our generous sponsors!
(They are grouped according to which day their item will be given away)
Rick and Kimberlee of Anderson Family Farms- 8 oz Goat Milk Lotion (Congrats to winner Carmi from Carmi’s Quilting Room!)
Brad Steig of Tattler– 2 dozen Reusable Canning Lids (Congrats to winner Shanon from Food Farm Health!)
*Katie is offering a special discount code for homestead blog hoppers through December 19th. Use code HOMESTEAD25 to receive 25% off her eBooks!
Ann Voskamp’s book- One Thousand Gifts
Chaya and Wilson of Pantry Paratus– Countertop Composter
For the Best Dressed Homestead:
Rod Carpenter of Franklin Springs – Homestead Blessings DVDs- Household Skills collection
For the No Blog Drawing:
Tara Frey’s Blogging For Bliss book
Rules of the Event
With so much going on this week, I want to make sure everyone understands the rules so there isn’t a misunderstanding (which would put a damper on the party – and we don’t want that!).
• To enter the Daily Drawings, you must link up your blog on the Great Holiday Barn Hop between Dec. 12th and midnight Dec. 18th using the linky below. Blog posts should be holiday themed. Any non-holiday related posts will not be accepted this week. We encourage you to be festive and talk about something pertaining to the holidays. The limit is only your imagination! Family traditions, hunting the perfect Christmas tree, favorite holiday foods, animal care while on holiday vacations, etc. Please keep all photos and posts “Rated G” for all audiences. (Thank you very much! If in doubt, please don’t post it.)
• A drawing will be held each day at 5:00 p.m. PST for one to two items. You can view the daily winner(s) on one of our facebook pages. A complete list of winners will be published on Monday, Dec. 19th on the regular Homestead Barn Hop. The sooner you link up, the more chances you have to win an item!
• To enter the Best Dressed Homestead Contest:
Link up a post and include a * or • before the title. For example:
• Lighting Up the Coop!
* Deck the Barn with Boughs of Holly
Best Dressed Homestead entries will be judged by the Homestead Hostesses and a winner will be selected. (This entry is separate from the Daily Drawings, so you could actually link up once for the daily drawings and another for the Best Dressed Homestead.)
You may link up a total of two times- one random drawing entry, and an extra entry for best dressed homestead.
• To enter the No Blog Drawing, please leave a comment below with your email address. Any entries without contact information will not be included in the drawing. You only need to enter on one of the four blogs (not all four, please!). When leaving your email address, you may leave it in the following format: homesteadrevival at sbcglobal dot net. Participants who have a blog will not be counted.
Add A Button To Your Blog
Don’t forget to share this event with others! We want to enjoy some great homesteads this week! For those participating, we’ve included a special button for your post or sidebar.
For those who need the html code for this button:
(Remove the “()” at the beginning and end of the code before pasting onto your page)
()<a href=https://www.theprairiehomestead.com target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j433/theprairiehomestead/holidayhop.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”></a>()
So dear readers, I hope you thoroughly enjoy this week of celebration and prizes. And be sure to follow The Prairie Homestead (as well as the other hostesses) on Facebook and Twitter so you can stay totally up to date on all of the announcement and news regarding The Great Holiday Barn Hop!
Happy Barn Hopping!
(this post contains affliate links)