It’s The Prairie Homestead’s first birthday! We’ve been on the world wide web for an entire year, and we are celebrating with a birthday giveaway bash!
Today’s giveaway will have TWO lucky winners since it’s a DOUBLE giveaway sponsored by Homesteader’s Supply and Tattler Reusable Canning Lids!
Homesteader’s Supply is your one-stop, online store for everything homesteading. From home dairying equipment, to all manner of food preservation, to preparedness tools, they’ve got everything you could ever need for your homestead.
They have generously offered to give one lucky reader of The Prairie Homestead a 25 packet assortment of heirloom seeds!
Homesteader’s Supply carries an amazing line of heirloom and organic seeds. This give-away assortment contains twenty-five packs of heirloom and organic vegetable and herb seeds, most of which we’ve grown in our gardens. Yields are enough to enjoy all summer long with just a few plants, or plant a larger garden for yields fit for canning, preserving or fermenting.
The second prize today is sponsored by Tattler Reusable Canning Lids.
As you know, I love canning. But there have always been a couple of aspects of home canning that have bugged me. (1) Disposable canning lids contain BPA (Read more about Bisphenol A here). I’ve never been 100% comfortable with that. (2) I always feel bad only being able to use regular canning lids once and then having to throw them away. It’s not very sustainable. Or green.
Thankfully, Tattler lids solve both of these problems! I canned applesauce last week and used Tattler lids for the very first time. Not only are they super simple to use (only a few minor differences compared to using disposable lids), every.single.lid sealed perfectly on the first try! I’m officially in love.
So I’m thrilled to be able to give you, my wonderful readers, a chance to try out some reusablr lids of your own!
The winner of today’s second giveaway will receive 2 boxes of Tattler Reusable Canning Lids (one box of regular mouth size and one box of wide mouth. There are 12 lids in each box).
There are 6 Ways to Enter:
1. Visit the Homesteader’s Supply website and have a look around. Come back and leave a comment telling me what item you could use the most on your homestead.
2. Have a look around the Tattler website. Come back and leave a separate comment telling if you’ve ever tried reusable lids before.
3. Subscribe to The Prairie Homestead by email or RSS. Leave a separate comment saying you did.
4. Follow The Prairie Homestead on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (you can use the Tweet button at the bottom of this post). Leave a separate comment saying you did.
5. Follow Homesteader’s Supply on Twitter. Leave a separate comment saying you did.
6. Follow Tattler Canning Lids on Twitter. Leave a separate comment saying you did.
Giveaway ends November 15th at Midnight. Winner will be drawn randomly and announced shortly thereafter on this blog.
Bonus Giveaway: In addition to the drawing for the main prize, I will drawn an additional name EACH DAY to win a sample of Shaklee Basic H Cleaner, generously sponsored by Shaklee Independent Distributor Rhoda Kindred! Each sample makes a full bottle of all-purpose cleaner, as well as a full bottle of window cleaner.
Come back tomorrow for a chance to win from one of my favorite online stores: Cultures for Health!
And make you sure enter yesterday’s giveaway for a 3-bar set of handmade soaps from Spunky Suds!
Fine Print Stuff:
I received these products in exchange for a review. However, all opinions expressed here are solely my own.
This post contains affiliate links.
1) This contest open only to residents of USA and Canada 2) No purchase necessary to win. 3) Must be 18 years or older to win. 4) Prize is to be accepted “as-is” and not to be substituted for cash. 5) Winner wil be chosen at random.
A HUGE thank you to all of the sponsors of The Prairie Homestead’s First Anniversary Giveaway Week:
- Spunky Suds
- Homesteader’s Supply
- Tattler Reusable Canning Lids
- Cultures For Health
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- Graham Gardens
- Rhoda Kindred- Shaklee Independent Distributor
This post is shared at: Fat Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Above Rubies, Traditional Tuesday, Women Living Well Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, WFMW, Simple Lives Thursday, Your Green Resource, Frugal Friday