Create Natural DIY Recipes for Your Garden, Coop, and Barnyard
with Natural Homestead!
"I treat my family's ailments holistically, why wouldn't I want to treat my animals the same way? As I make the transition from raising livestock in a conventional manner to treating them naturally, Jill's book has become my #1 go-to resource for information and recipes to keep my homestead safe and healthy."
Praise for Natural Homestead
"Jill has empowered us homesteaders once again. Not only does she help to free us up from the bondage of buying all the GMO and chemically-laced products from the feed stores, but she also gives us easy and do-able alternatives. This is a great resource for anyone looking to eliminate toxins from their barnyard and put the health and wellness of their animal as a priority. Our animals take great care of us - Natural Homestead teaches us how to take great care of them."
Homesteader, Blogger, Author
"A wildly creative and wonderful resource for beginning homesteaders like me. I espeically love the natural recipes for chicken treats, feed, and medical care. Buy this book! Your chickens will thank you, I promise.”
Homesteader & Blogger
"Balanced and thoroughly researched, the valuable information in this holistic approach to animal husbandry and battling garden pests will be referenced on our natural homestead again and again. With ingredients one can actually recognize and pronounce, Natural Homestead will help us continue to reform the way we are managing the common challenges we all face while seeking to be counter-cultural and raise our own food in a God-glorifying manner."
Homesteader & Blogger
The Nuts and Bolts
Inside Natural Homestead, You'll Find:
- FOUR different chicken feed recipes -- including a grain-free option, and a corn-free and soy-free feed for both layers and broilers. And other recipes for your flock including the Boredom Buster Brick, Tallow Snack Cakes, DIY scratch mix, and 7 tips for cutting feed costs.
- Tips for managing parasite loads, how to identify wormy animals, and breakdowns of natural dewormer alternatives
- If pumpkin seeds, garlic, diatomaceous earth, baking soda, vinegar, and kelp are merely old wives’ tales or are truly beneficial
- How to battle bugs, fungus, and weeds in the garden without using chemicals that are toxic to you, your kids, or your critters.
- How to keep your facilities clean, minus the use of harsh chemicals such as bleach
Jill Winger is a wife, mom of two, and modern day homesteader who resides on the wide open prairie of Wyoming. She has had a deep-rooted passion for the rural way of life since a young age, and loves helping others return to their roots and pursue a more wholesome lifestyle.
Jill is the author of the popular homesteading blog, The Prairie Homestead, where she shares from-scratch recipes, natural remedies, and inspiration for those pursuing a homestead lifestyle of their own.
Natural Homestead is her second self-published book.