Ya’ll, I love my essential oils.
I really do consider them life-changing, and I use them all.the.time in my home.
Being a recovering candle-aholic (well, I still appreciate a good candle on a snowy winter night…), I especially love using my diffusers to spread the benefits of the oils all over my house.
The cool thing about essential oils is, not only do they smell pretty, but they can also have medicinal benefits as well. (Like being anti-bacterial or helping to clear congestion.)
However, if you are just starting out with oils, then purchasing a diffuser right away might not be in your budget. (Although I have this one that Amazon sells and it’s a little workhorse for a reasonable price!)
These five simple room spritzers are a wonderful way to quickly freshen up a room, even if you don’t own a diffuser. Just mix up and spray to your heart’s content!
5 Easy Room Spritzer Recipes
A few guidelines:
- I am a stickler for quality essential oils. The cheapie ones at the health food store just won’t cut it for me. That’s why I use and love doTERRA- you can read more about them here, or find out how to purchase them for yourself.
- These recipes are for small batches. Feel free to double or triple if you find a mix you really like!
- You can use whatever type of water you have available- I just use our plain tap water.
- Not only does the addition of the vanilla extract in some of these recipes make the blend smell fabulous, but the alcohol in the extract actually helps the mixture to not clog up the spray nozzle. (Just make sure you are using the real stuff– the fake “vanilla” isn’t the same. Here is how to make your own vanilla extract.)
- Because some essential oils have the tendency to break down plastic, if I am going to consume a blend, I always, always keep it in a glass container.