That’s what I used to carry my essential oils in when I would travel.
My personality gravitates towards the “just get ‘er done” mindset, so if I have a choice, I generally prefer functional over frilly.
But in reality, Ziplock baggies aren’t all that functional… The bottles bang together, and leak, and rattle around. And considering how valuable essential oils are to my life nowadays, I figured it was time to give them a slightly less-trashy place to travel in.
I’ve tried a couple different little canvas baggies, and they’ve worked marginally well, although I usually had to get creative with how I pack the oils, since they didn’t have a lot of extra room. And they were fairly, well, boring as far as colors and styles went.
So when Steffanie over at Sew Grown contacted me and offered to send me a couple of their essential oil clutches to try, I jumped on the chance! Here’s why—>
The Nitty-Gritty About Sew Grown Essential Oil Clutches
When I find a product that’s superior to its mass-produced counterparts, and it comes from a small, family-owned company, that’s a win-win for me. And Sew Grown fits the bill on both parts.
Here’s why I’m lovin’ my essential oil carrying case:
- The products are made in America and feature high quality materials and timeless Liberty of London Fabric.
- The craftsmanship is excellent and you can tell extreme care has been taken with every detail of the clutch
- It’s roomier than many of the canvas bags I’ve tried, and the larger size will fit roller bottles and some spritzers too.
- The fabric prints have a homespun feel and fit my homestead-style quite nicely.
- The larger clutch holds 12 glass bottles (5ml to 1 oz size, including spray bottles up to 4″ tall).
- The smaller keychain clutch holds 10 sample-size bottles, as well as one roller bottle at the bottom.
- The carrying case is padded and reinforced for oil safety and securely holds bottles in place with the fitted elastic straps.
How I’m Using My Sew Grown Carrying Cases
My essential oil collection has become, um…. quite large over the last three years. I have little stashes of oils everywhere it seems. Here’s how I’m using my Sew Grown carrying cases to keep my little brown bottles tidy and organized:
- I have my most commonly used oils in the larger clutch (lavender, peppermint, frankincense, lemon, etc). It’s ready to go at all times, and is easy for me to toss in a suitcase or carry-on when I’m traveling, so I never leave home without the essentials.
I have my most-used oils in smaller sample-sized bottles in the keychain caddy. It stays in my purse and I take it with me when I’m running errands, etc. The keychain caddy also fits one roller bottle, so I plan to keep that filled with whatever concoction I’m using the most at that point in time (bug repellent, anyone?). Or, the sample-sized bottles are great for sharing, too.
Win a Sew Grown Clutch for your Oils!
Giveaway Closed. Congrats to winner Joanee ([email protected]…….)!
Disclosure: I was provided free product in exchange for writing this post, however, all opinions and thoughts are true and accurate. In other words, I’d be lovin’ on these clutches, even if I hadn’t had a couple sent to me for free. 🙂