“Cultivating the Homestead Community”
I never thought this day would come, but here it is. I’ve been debating it for a while, and have felt torn for sometime, but the time has come.
Today will be the last day I co-host the Homestead Barn Hop.
This Hop has been my baby for almost four years. I started it way back at the beginning of my blogging journey, and it has grown with me. I’ve enjoyed seeing the hundreds of submissions each week as folks share their best stories, recipes, and tips.
I feel really driven right now to create more of the really meaty homesteading content that ya’ll are asking for: the animal tutorials, the hardcore DIY stuff, the from-scratch recipes, and everything in between. Stepping out of the Barn Hop commitment will free the space up on the blog and my calendar to pursue these new posts & topics.
I hope you’re ready for 2015, but I have so many ideas and projects swimming around in my head, I can hardly sleep at night. I’m so darn excited and can’t wait to share it all with you. It’s gonna be good.
So a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who have faithfully participated in and read the Barn Hop for all these years. You made it a fabulous success, and I hope you’ve gained as much from it as I have. <3
Now, on to the Barn Hop!
Did you share any homesteading related posts on your blog this week? If so, we’d love to have you link up below! Even if you don’t have a blog, we always welcome your comments!
Some Simple Guidelines:
1. Please remember that the Homestead Barn Hop is meant to be a place to share homesteading related encouragement and inspiring ideas specifically related to homesteading. In an effort to keep our weekly round-up clutter free, links which are not specifically homestead related, and any promotions such as giveaways, contests, carnivals, etc, will be deleted in order to maintain the integrity of the Barn Hop.
2. Please remember this is a family-friendly link up. Any pictures or posts linked to the hop which aren’t appropriate for our children to view or read will also be deleted immediately. We’re pretty conservative, so we ask that you use good judgment and err on the side of caution.
3. Make sure that you link to your Barn Hop post, not your blog’s main page, so your guests won’t have any trouble finding your great tips.
4. Please link back to the Homestead Barn Hop in the post that you share. Feel free to grab the banner at the top of this post to link back to us with.
5. Occasionally there is a problem posting due to glitches in the internet or the Linky Tools. If you have difficulties posting and it does not show up immediately, please wait a little while and try re-posting (this helps avoid double posting). We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, be we do not have absolute control over the internet. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Have fun, get to know some new homesteading friends, and be sure to join us every Monday! (If you are reading this post via email, click through to see all of this week’s links!)
Can't Get Enough Homesteading Goodness?
Join over 60,000 others who get the weekly Homestead Toolbox delivered fresh to their inbox. It's packed full of recipes, ideas, and homesteading tips you can actually use (no fluff), plus a copy of my very popular mulch gardening how-to guide.Let's go!