I’m thankful to say that I’ve always been a pretty “healthy” person.
I don’t get headaches, heartburn, or aches & pains hardly ever. Even through both of my pregnancies, my blood sugar and blood pressure stayed rock solid.
I don’t have food allergies, pretty much always have lots of energy, and I usually have no problem sleeping soundly through the night. (Except when the baby wants to nurse, but that’s not exactly a health problem… ;))
But there is one part of my health that stresses me out… My teeth.
I’m sad to say that my teeth are a mess from my pre-whole-food days of making lots of poor food choices and drinking loads of pop…
I have had multiple fillings, one root canal, and my gums are a mess. I’ve played around with some natural solutions (oil pulling, fermented cod liver oil, etc), but am always left with a lot of questions– especially since the closest holistic dentist is at least 100 miles away from me…
I recently heard about the HealThy Mouth World Summit (HMWS) and am totally excited to participate in it. The HMWS is a totally FREE online event where you can watch and listen to expert presentations all focused toward how to create greater oral health.
After all, we all have mouths AND most of us have something going on with our mouths that we aren’t thrilled about. Whether you are dealing with tooth decay, bleeding gums, or have ‘questionable’ dental restorations like root canals or crowns, we all have something going on in our mouths that we would like to see healthier.
This is an opportunity to listen to the solutions from the leading experts from 6 countries around the world in the fields of biological dentistry, nutrition as it relates to oral health, along with medical doctors, naturopathic doctors and acclaimed authors. They even have ‘in the trenches’ moms who have applied these healing ideas in their own homes and we get to hear what worked and what didn’t for them and their children!
Each day for a week, we will be able to watch and listen to 3 expert presentations all focused toward solutions how to navigate to greater oral health. So, over the course of the week, we’ll hear from 21 expert presentations!
Here are just a few of the questions the summit will cover:
- How to raise cavity free kids
- What to do about old dental issues like mercury fillings, crowns, root canals, etc. (I’m really excited about this part…)
- What materials are the safest for dental fillings
- The safest protocol to have mercury fillings removed
- How to determine if a filling material is biocompatible with your immune system
- The foods to eat (and not eat) to create optimal oral health
- The TRUTH about mercury and fluoride
- How to keep your teeth AND your health for life!
- What to do about common issues like tooth decay, bleeding gums, bad breath
- How to safely detox mercury from the body
- The questions to ask a dentist to discern if they are really suited to help your family
- and a whole lot more!
It’s my understanding that even if you can’t participate in the sessions each day, you can go back later and watch them (that’s what I plan to do.)
The event starts tomorrow (January 13th, 2013) and it runs for 7 days, so sign up right away to avoid missing anything.
I’m really looking forward to getting some natural, holistic ideas for my poor mouth– Hope to see you there!
Full Disclosure: I’m an affiliate of the HMWS. Participation is completely free. However, I will recieve a commission off of any purchases you choose to make.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I'm betting you'll love getting The Prairie Homestead getting delivered to your inbox. Over 30,000 over homesteaders have already signed up!
Click here to join 'em.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Latest posts by Jill Winger (see all)
- How to Can Hot Pepper Jelly - August 29, 2014
- Naturally-Sweetened Homemade Marshmallows - August 27, 2014
- Get Pickin’! How to Make the Most of a U-Pick Harvest - August 21, 2014