“Cultivating the Homestead Community”
Welcome to the 56th edition of the Homestead Barn Hop!
We are still enjoying beautiful weather here in Wyoming! I just came in from helping my hubby prepare a new strawberry bed. I’m wearing a t-shirt, and even sweating a little bit! Crazy!
This week is the 2nd time we get to implement our new feature. If you missed last week’s announcement, here it is again:
Each week, Amy, Kendra, and myself will each choose a post from the previous week’s Barn Hop to feature. You can find my pick for this week below, and be sure to check out New Life on a Homestead and Homestead Revival for their choices!
This is a fun way to get to know the Barn Hop participants a bit better, and it will provide a bit of extra exposure for your blog if you happened to be featured!
Since Easter is coming up in a week, I really love this idea that Lady Farmer Parables shared last week. As many of you know, I am a Christian, and that means that Easter Sunday has more meaning to me than just bunny rabbits and colored eggs. Lady Farmer Parables shared her version of Resurrection Eggs that help remind youngsters of the importance behind Resurrection Sunday. Prairie Baby is a little too small for these this year, but I will definitely be using this idea in the future!
(I know that not all of you are Christians, and that’s fine. But please be respectful of my right to share faith-oriented things on my blog. If you don’t care for this idea, then just skip it and enjoy the rest of the hop!)
Now, on to the business of this week’s Hop!
This hop is hosted by The Prairie Homestead, along with two other fantastic homesteading gals:
We encourage you to stop by every Monday and share your latest homesteading posts with us. From cooking to animals to gardening, we want to hear what’s been happening at your homestead this week!
Some Simple Guidelines:
1. Remember to provide a link back to the Homestead Barn Hop in the post that you share. Feel free to grab the banner at the top of this post, if you would like, and use it to link back to us!
2. Please link to a specific post, not your blog’s main page.
3. If you don’t have a blog, share your latest homestead updates in a comment on this post!
4. We, the hosts of the Barn Hop, reserve the right to remove any link that we deem inappropriate or offensive. We will err on the side of caution.
Have fun, get to know some new homesteading friends, and be sure to join us every Monday!
(If you are reading this post via email, click through to see all of this week’s links!)
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I'm betting you'll love getting The Prairie Homestead getting delivered to your inbox. Over 30,000 over homesteaders have already signed up!
Click here to join 'em.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Latest posts by Jill Winger (see all)
- How to Can Hot Pepper Jelly - August 29, 2014
- Naturally-Sweetened Homemade Marshmallows - August 27, 2014
- Get Pickin’! How to Make the Most of a U-Pick Harvest - August 21, 2014