“Cultivating the Homestead Community”
Welcome to the 49th edition of the Homestead Barn Hop!
I can’t wait to see what has been happening at your homesteads over the past week! We had an exciting week as we completed our first ever home butchering project! If you’ve been following along at the Prairie Homestead Facebook page, then you know that our steer is now officially in the freezer. I look forward to sharing more about that adventure over the next couple of weeks, along with a tutorial on how to render beef tallow!
Some other exciting news this week– (Bloggers take note!) My friend Erin over at Homestead Host is having the grand opening of her newly launched business, TODAY.
Homestead Host is a web hosting provider especially geared towards those in the homesteading or sustainable living movements. So, if you have a blog, (or want to be a blogger someday), I highly, highly recommend checking out the packages that Homestead Host has to offer.
I recently switched The Prairie Homestead’s hosting over to Homestead Host, and I couldn’t be happier. Erin has helped me to improve the load time of the blog, as well as providing a nearly effortless transition (on my part!) and incredibly customer service.
So, to those of you who don’t have websites, I apologize for the ‘geek’ talk, but like I said, if you in the market for a new hosting service, I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Plus, Erin is hosting giveaways this week for a FREE domain hosting package and a gallon of coconut oil, so blogger or not, you’ll definitely want to check that out!
Alrighty, now down to the business of this week’s hop.
This hop is hosted by The Prairie Homestead, along with three other fantastic homesteading gals:
We encourage you to stop by every Monday and share your latest homesteading posts with us. From cooking to animals to gardening, we want to hear what’s been happening at your homestead this week!
Some Simple Guidelines:
1. Remember to provide a link back to the Homestead Barn Hop in the post that you share. Feel free to grab the banner at the top of this post, if you would like, and use it to link back to us!
2. Please link to a specific post, not your blog’s main page.
3. If you don’t have a blog, share your latest homestead updates in a comment on this post!
4. We, the hosts of the Barn Hop, reserve the right to remove any link that we deem inappropriate or offensive. We will err on the side of caution.
Have fun, get to know some new homesteading friends, and be sure to join us every Monday!
(If you are reading this post via email, click through to see all of this week’s links!)
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I'm betting you'll love getting The Prairie Homestead getting delivered to your inbox. Over 30,000 over homesteaders have already signed up!
Click here to join 'em.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Latest posts by Jill Winger (see all)
- Naturally-Sweetened Homemade Marshmallows - August 27, 2014
- Get Pickin’! How to Make the Most of a U-Pick Harvest - August 21, 2014
- Naturally Sweetened Limemade (or Lemonade!) - August 20, 2014