As many of you know, sometimes when you are knee-deep in running a homestead, something’s gotta give.
And… the thing that “gives” around my house is my hair, unfortunately.
1. I’m too cheap. I hate spending money on hair cuts and dye jobs. It literally pains me to hand over the debit card for those purchases. I’d rather buy cheesemaking equipment or tractor implements or useful things like that…
2. Time. You know, my favorite way to spend a Saturday is in the salon being pampered while I get my roots touched up and my nails done. HA. Yeah. right.
3. The cows don’t care. For some reason, I have an incredibly hard time spending 30 minutes in the morning to curl and style my hair. And, my long hair is usually tied up anyway since it bugs me to have hair in my face while I’m milking, cleaning pens, digging potatoes, or fencing…
I still like my hair to look pretty when I am out in public or at church on Sunday.
I also seem to be hair-challenged (just ask my sister), since I have such little practice with it.
So, what’s a girl to do?
Get some Lilla Rose clips, of course!
I’ve been hearing about Lilla Rose clips for some time, but have never tried one until recently when Jill Wright, a Lilla Rose Independent Consultant, sent me one to try.
I’ll admit, I was unsure at first. I was worried about figuring out how to use it and when I would wear it.
But after just a few minutes of playing around with my new clip, I have to say I was immediately impressed!
In no time at all, I was experimenting with a variety of styles, and I love that it gives my hair an instant “pretty” touch, without much fuss on my part.
I’ve been experimenting with wearing it around the homestead lately, and it’s very functional. It adds a nice little touch of femininity, without feeling like I’m overdressed. No longer do I feel the need to run for the nearest baseball cap whenever someone pulls in the driveway!
I also love the variety of styles and sizes available. There are plenty of options, even for “non-frilly” gals like me. I chose a medium sized Flexi-Clip as my hair is long and fairly thick. It works great for up-dos, though I am considering getting a small size for “half-ups”.
But the best part is that one lucky reader has the chance to win a $15 gift certificate for anything on the Lilla Rose website!
You can choose a Flexi-Clip or some of the other functional and feminine accessories that are available.
There are multiple ways to win:
1. ***Mandatory Entry*** Visit Jill’s Lilla Rose website, ooh and ahh over all the lovelies, then come back and comment on which is your favorite flexi-clip.
2. (Bonus Entry) Watch the sizing video on Jill’s website and come back and leave a separate comment on which size flexi you’d wear.
3. (Bonus Entry) Follow The Prairie Homestead on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. Come back and leave a separate comment saying you did.
4. (Bonus Entry) Subscribe to The Prairie Homestead via RSS or email. Leave a separate comment saying you did.
And though it can’t count for an entry due to Facebook rules, be sure to visit Jill’s Lilla Rose Facebook page!
Giveaway ends Wednesday, October 5th at midnight. Winner will be randomly drawn and announced shortly after on the blog. Good luck!
This post was shared at Simple Lives Thursday
Can't Get Enough Homesteading Goodness?
Join over 67,000 others who get the weekly Homestead Toolbox delivered fresh to their inbox. It's packed full of recipes, ideas, and homesteading tips you can actually use (no fluff), plus a copy of my very popular mulch gardening how-to guide.